On the 28th of this month I will be having my brain decompressed. Monday I have my pre-op work-up. Here are some very specific things to pray for/about:
1. My family – low level of anxiety/fear for them this is pretty uncharted territory for us.
2. My surgery – God will guide the doctors hands, that the procedure will go well: a piece of my skull will be permanently removed, my cerebral tonsils will be separated and shrunk, they will be separated from my brain stem, any adhesions will be removed, a dura patch will be sewn along the cut edges of the dura, and I will be closed up.
3. My recovery – it will take about 2 days for my CSF to replenish so the pain level will be high, usually there is severe nausea.
4. No complications – there is the possibility of CSF leakage if a hole remains in the patch, that would require another surgery to repair; infection would need to be opened and drained; slim possibility of a bad complication during surgery.
5. For help – though I will go home after 5 days, I am no activity for 3 to 4 weeks post-op. I don’t want the burden to fall onto my older kids.
6. For completion – to get everything in order here so there’s no major breakdown or anything that will cause me to cheat on my recovery.
7. For _______- anything that may come to your mind to pray about!
Thanks for praying!